I thought I’d give you a little update on my Granny Stripe cushion cover. Here it is so far…
Anyone spot any differences?
Yep, it’s completely different. About 5 minutes after my last post I looked at it and decided that I just wasn’t happy with it. I didn’t like the colour combination – all the colours were fine, but just not in that order. And I decided that I only wanted one row of each colour, not two. And my foundation chain was too tight, so even within the few rows I’d worked it was wavy and all over the place.
So I pulled it apart and started again! I made a much shorter foundation chain (60 stitches instead of 90) and used a 4.00 mm hook so it wouldn’t be so tight (I switched to a 3.50 mm hook to work the main part).
And I’m much happier with it this time round! I like the colours in this order, and much prefer just one row of each colour. And even better, it’s working up much more quickly due to the shorter rows – bonus!
Pomegranate, Aspen, Lipstick and Turquoise, all in Stylecraft Special DK.
As well as having a chilled out afternoon watching trashy TV and working on my Granny Stripes, I’ve been doing a little more pottering around on the internet and come across a whole host of gorgeous blogs! My most favourite can be found on the menu either at the top of the page, or in the right hand column. I’d recommend having a look – so many pretty and inspiring things! Enjoy!