I then worked a round of treble stitches (US doubles) around each flower in dark purple, joining them as I went along.
After they were all attached I worked two rows of double stitches (US singles) around the whole lot to strengthen them.
At this stage it was nearly finished, but was quite curly! A bit like a sandwich a few days old. It kinda looked ok, but not quite.
So then came the blocking process. I’ve not done this before, but it seemed to work quite well. I stretched the scarf out across a couple of towels, the pinned each point to hold it in place. I then spritzed it with a nice fine mist of water and left it to dry for 24 hours.
This afternoon I removed all the pins (which was a lot quicker than putting them all in) and ta-dah! Had my properly finished scarf 🙂
And here it is:
If you would like a chance to win this scarf, just post a comment on this post. I will draw a winner either on 12th March, or when I get 20 followers. So get commenting!
On another note, I was having a little browse at some lovely blogs yesterday, and came across Stocki, where I read about a truly great idea! Jill is making a Beautiful Blogger Blanket, made up from squares sent in by people from all around the world. (Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page if you want to be involved yourself, but be quick about it as the closing date is next week!) I couldn’t resist and whipped up a couple of Granny Squares to be part of it.
The one on the left is based on a pattern found here at Rose Hip – just lovely. And the one on the right is a plain old Granny Square, as taught to me by my very own Granny!