I have been busy sewing this morning, although not making the thing I intended to when I wrote yesterday! It’s a project that will need a little more thought and planning, and all I wanted to do this morning was something quick and easy.
So I decided to use some of the fabric leftovers from the skirt cushion cover and made a pin cushion…
… and a needle case.
The patchwork squares were small enough to be made from some of the narrow strips that were left over, and the backs of each were made from bigger leftovers. Each measures about 4.5 inches (approx. 12 cm). Here is the back of the needle case.
And the inside pages (made from felt)
I have also been adapting clothes. Have a look at this shirt.
Ok, it still looks like a shirt, but that’s kinda the idea. It is actually now a peg bag! I sewed all along the bottom, the ends of the sleeves and down the front (just close to the buttons), working as close to the original stitching as possible. After adding the child sized hanger I made a little stitch under each side of the collar to secure it and make sure the hanger wouldn’t move all over the place. Here’s another one.
I made this one several months ago (way before I started blogging) and came across it in my wardrobe the other day! I thought it would be good to have a few to sell when I have a stall in a couple of months. The baby dresses will also be transformed into peg bags at some point.
The shawl is making progress, but very slowly. Although I’ve got slightly quicker at using the circular needles I’m still not up to full speed. And the rows are really quite long now, and increasing all the time. But I’m hoping it won’t be too much longer before it’s finished. Then I can begin the really fun bit of decorating it with pretty things!