I was so excited – my shawl was finished! I actually managed to get the right number of rows before I went to bed last night, but it seemed like it would be a little short so added 8 more rows this morning. It was getting a pretty tight fit on the needles so I knew it must be time to cast off.
So I cast off and tried it on – and it’s too short! I used a smaller needle than the pattern recommended (because I was too impatient to wait a day and buy the right size!) and even with the extra rows it’s just not big enough.
It looks pretty big when it’s out flat, but I’d like to be able to tie it at the back like the pattern suggests I should be able to. So I’m now adding more rows, but this time in crochet. I couldn’t face undoing the cast off row and I don’t think I could do many more rows before I ran out of space on the needles anyway. So I’m kinda making it up as I go along now – it seems to be working ok so far, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
Anyway, in other news…
I found something to put in my woolly pot – basil!
It looks lovely sitting on the kitchen window sill. It still has no flowers but in amongst all the other bits and pieces on the window sill I don’t notice the lack of flowers so much.
And something especially for Mo…
This is a peg bag I made Mum a couple of years ago. I prefer it (in a practical sense) to the shirt bags as it can go round my neck or be slung over my shoulder. The strap is padded with wadding which makes it quite comfortable to wear. The little pocket on the front hasn’t ever really been used, but it looks cute anyway!