Back to normal?


My post on Wednesday was a little frantic. I was feeling really tired and like I had soooo much to do.

But now it’s done and I’m wondering why I was panicking. Just like every time I start worrying about something – it seems so big at the time, then after I think ‘Well, that was actually ok’. And yes, I’m still tired, and yes, the kids were grumpy and cranky the last couple of days. But I survived and everything got done, and now I have a whole week off – yay!

Anyway, back to Wednesday. It wasn’t all frantic rushing from one thing to the other. I actually had a very nice couple of hours in the middle of the day – I was only teaching until lunchtime, and had an after school meeting at a different school. There wasn’t really much point going home in between, so headed up to Ham Hill with my picnic lunch. I’ve not been up there for years, and I didn’t really remember much about it, apart from the fact that it’s a nice place to go with a couple of hours to kill!

I wandered around for a bit until I found a nice looking spot to sit and eat my sandwiches. I was surrounded by flowers and greenery and an everchanging pattern of clouds.

It was mostly a relaxing haven in a hectic day. Apart from the huge and bouncy German Shepherd that decided to come sniffing around. He came bounding out of nowhere, no owner to be seen, and raced right over to where I was sitting and slobbered on my sandwich.Β Nice. I wasn’t best pleased, especially when the owner finally came round the corner and seemed completely unconcerned by the fact that his dog was now dribbling in my hair.

But things picked up after that – I ate the rest of my lunch (the bits without dog drool) – then got on with the fun things. I spent a while writing in my long neglected journal…

…and enjoyed a few chapters of my book.

I was distracted every now and again just looking around at the scenery. And then this bright green bug landed on my pages…

The photo doesn’t really do him justice – he was a gorgeous shade of green and was all shimmery. I’m not usually a fan of bugs, but this little guy was quite lovely.

I ended up with funny grass patterns on my feet after a while…

(I included this photo mostly just to show you the pretty buttons on my flip flops!)

Back to reality, the last couple of days at school before a holiday are always a little crazy. The kids (and teachers) are all very tired and fall out a lot more easily than usual. But we’ve had some fun too. We made crowns ready to wear to the Jubilee ‘cream tea’ we had this morning.

The kids also got creative this afternoon, making scenery and finger puppets to tell a story inspired by royalty. We had some really quite crazy stories, but it was great for them to use their imaginations. Their creations were cheap and cheerful (we only used paper, pencils, glue and scissors) but they loved it.

And now I’m off for the weekend. I’m going to stay with friends for the Jubilee weekend – I have no idea what we’ll be doing, but sure it’ll be a lot of fun. I’ll be taking some for of craft with me too, but haven’t decided what yet. I’m going to go and pack now and hopefully make up my mind.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend (Jubilee or otherwise) and I’ll stop by next week. πŸ™‚


4 responses »

  1. Lovely pictures. I enjoyed the walk through the day with you. πŸ™‚ I understand the panicking in the moment thing and then realizing that it really wasn’t as big a deal as I first thought. Enjoy your down time!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s