Cable cushion cover

Standard

Hello everyone, how has your day been? My day has felt pretty good because a) it has been sunny nearly all day and b) I finally finished my cable cushion cover! And just in time too – it’s my Aunt’s birthday tomorrow – phew!

Here it is, all knitted up and ready to be sewn together.

The button holes went a little squiffy – I’m never really sure how to do them, even when I’m following instructions (in this case my Mother’s advice), so end up just kind of guessing and making it up.

But after working blanket stitch around them they look a lot neater! And thankfully the buttons are pretty big, so they will hide any messiness 🙂

Here’s the bottom flap sewn together…

…and the whole thing. It looks so skinny against the cushion!

It’s always at this stage that I start wondering – is it really big enough? But thankfully it was!

And here’s the back.

I’m working on writing out the pattern, but it may take a little while – I’ve used lots of my own random shorthand, which actually doesn’t mean much to anyone (even me when I haven’t looked at it for a while!) But I’ll let you know when it’s finished 🙂

Advertisements

16 responses »

    • It’s really not too hard once you get into it. I’d definately recommend a cable needle with a ‘dent’ in it rather than a straight one though – the stitches are far less likely to just fall off!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s