Journal cover

Standard

Two years ago I started a journal. I looked for ages to find a good book. In the end I settled for one with lovely paper (thick and smooth) and an ok cover. I thought at the time of making a cover for it and now I’ve finally done it! And in the process I have made good use of some of my new fabric, ribbon and buttons.

DSCN5277

It’s a simple design – basically a rectangle with the ends folded over for the book cover to slip into.

DSCN5268

A ribbon stitched along the back ties at the side to keep a pen in place.

DSCN5279

I think the pocket on the back took longer than everything else put together! But I’m quite pleased with the stitching, even though it took so long.

DSCN5284

I loved all these buttons and couldn’t choose between them, so decided to stitch all of them down the spine!

DSCN5274

I’m really pleased with how it turned out, and it only took a few hours from start to finish. I can’t believe it took me two years to get started on it!

Advertisements

10 responses »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s