The rows this week were pretty straightforward – mostly trebles (US doubles) or half trebles. The most complicated part was the star stitch, and even that wasn’t too taxing!
I felt that the stars really should be in yellow and I’m happy with my choice. I think they look quite sweet. (There’s a great star stitch blanket on Little Woolie’s blog – it’s amazing!)
It turns out that my Catherine wheel stitches last week do have a right and wrong side! The first week there was no obvious right or wrong side, so I just stitched the ends in without really thinking about it. It was only when I saw the instructions about the stars this week (that also have a right and wrong side) that I realised I should have sewn the ends in on the opposite side! So while I was sorting out my car insurance (and on hold on the phone for quite a while!) I pulled all the ends loose. I now have 3 weeks worth to sew in – but I think they can wait for now!
I also noticed today that one end is pulling in a bit where the Catherine wheels are. It wasn’t too noticeable last week and I’m hoping that with a border around it at the end it’ll stretch out!