Ever since a drought was announced we’ve had a whole lot of rain. It has been properly gloomy some days and not at all nice to go out in, but perfect weather for staying in and getting creative! And it seems like I’ve had a pretty productive month.
In April I have…
… finished a baby blanket (including sewing in all those pesky ends)
… ordered more wool and started 2 more blankets
… been creative with tea towels
… celebrated Easter
… covered 100 buttons
… finally put the finishing touches to a stripy bag
… announced a giveaway
… played with buttons, books and pin boards
… made clothes for a special Bunny
… whipped up a baby hat and some tiny little slippers.
Phew, I think I need a cup of tea and a sit down after all that.
Edit: At some point soon I’ll link all these things to the original posts, but right now I need to get on with dinner because I’m out tonight teaching knitting to some friends!
I have finally finished – 100 blank buttons successfully covered in little circles of fabric and topped with a mini button. It’s taken all week and some very sore fingers to get to this point, but I’m really pleased with them! I only hope the buyer loves them as much as I do…
Shall we have a look? I couldn’t get them all in one picture very easily, so decided to take pictures in small batches.
These ones came from a charity shop find. My buyer had said taht she liked vintage fabrics and particularly those with embroidery. This isn’t particularly vintage, but does have some lovely stitching – and it was a bargain at £1! This is how the design looked before I cut it up…
Similarly, these buttons were made from napkins with a little flower in each corner. I wasn’t too sure about them as each flower is really quite small, but the napkins are made from a really lovely cotton fabric which I’m sure I’ll be able to use for other projects. And they were a super bargain at £1.25 for 8 🙂
The rest were made with a range of fabrics that I had in my fabric box, mostly cottons that I’ve used for quilt making.
I don’t know why, perhaps it’s because I’ve been working with buttons so much this week, but as I was drifting off to sleep last night I had another buttony idea – earrings! I’ve had some silver earring posts and backs for a while.
I’m not sure why I got them in the first place, but were ideal for this. After finding some matching buttons I squidged a dab of superglue on to each post and attached them to the buttons (being very careful not to stick my fingers together in the process!) …
…and after a minute or two I had a pair of earrings. And then 2 more pairs – pretty!