Do you remember the pin boards I started playing around with a couple of weeks ago? I painted the edges a lovely pale blue and then left them waiting for the next stage.
Well, I’ve been looking around for some pretty paper with which to cover them, and found some today – such a great feeling when you find what you’re looking for!
Ideally I would have liked a roll of paper (no creases that way) but this was by far the prettiest paper, so I decided that I’d live with creased paper. I used double sided tape to stick it down all around the edges. I didn’t bother sticking in the middle, because I’m sure sooner or later I’m going to want to change the paper (probably when it’s just so full of holes I can’t see the pattern any more!) and this way I’ll be able to easily remove this paper and add some new.
I attached the tiny hinges (using a pin to make a little hole before I started hammering away)…
…and Ta Dah! A free standing display board 🙂
Yes, it’s a little slap dash and not very professionally finished in places, but I’m really quite pleased with it! I’m planning to drape tiny bunting across the top, and perhaps a hanging garland of flowers down the middle so any imperfections will hopefully not be noticed.
Last night I had some time to do some sewing, and started working on some lavender bags. I’m using napkin fabric, leftover from making all those covered buttons.
Each napkin had a small motif in one corner, which I snipped out to turn into buttons – in the picture the buttons at the bottom and at each end of the rows were made with the napkins. This meant that I was left with quite a lot of white cotton fabric, just right for snipping up into squares to turn into lavender bags!
I’ve decided to sew words in different colours and will add a button to each before I sew them up.
They’re a little crumpled at the moment, but nothing a good hot iron won’t sort out! I’ll let you see what they’re like before I sell them 🙂