A sunny Saturday afternoon


After checking my email another hundred times or so, and twiddling my thumbs for a while I decided that I’d get on with a half finished project that’s been waiting for attention for a few weeks.

I had felt ‘in between’ projects, but my fingers were itching to make something, so I did what I often do at those times and turn to Lucy’s blog. She has so many beautiful patterns that I want to try out, so I was sure I could find something to keep me occupied for a while. I chose to make her Happy Flower Decoration, and had the main flower part and stem with leaves already finished.

I dug them out from under a pile of paper (I have no idea how my desk gets so cluttered!) and stitched them together. I also took a few minutes to whip up a tiny heart to go on the bottom, then took them out into the garden.


Lucy recommends ‘painting’ the back with PVA glue so it will hold it’s shape. I figured that since it was such a sunny day the glue would dry better outside than in.


I pinned the flower and heart to an old blanket with a pillowcase over the top. This is what I use to iron on when I can’t be bothered to get the ironing board out! It’s also very useful for blocking small projects.


While I was waiting for it to dry, I thought I’d take my friend up on her offer of a walk and a coffee. We strolled through a couple of fields (carefully avoiding the nettles) and made our way to a garden centre at Cuttifords Door which has just opened a coffee shop. We had a (very) brief look at the plants – neither of us are particularly in to gardening – before making a beeline for the café. I did stop for a few seconds on the way to take some photos of some pretty flowers…






…but my main aim was coffee!


It was beautiful sitting out in the sun with a warm breeze blowing through the trees. Bliss!

On our way home we dropped in to see a friend who’s just moved house and chatted for a while before making our way home. It was a great way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon.

The glue was dry on my flower by the time I got home, but you’ll have to wait to see the finished article!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s